Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.reflexologyspacelondon.co.uk.
About GDPR and Privacy
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) introduced new legal protection for personal information in May 2018. This tells you what personal information is gathered via the Reflexology Space London website, why, and what your rights are.
Therapist Name: Tracy Turnell
Telephone No: 07932 714 988
Email address: email@example.com
Address: Loughton, IG10 2QH
Data Controller Contact Details: As above
The Purpose of Processing Client Data
In order to provide professional holistic therapies, potentially sensitive information about your health and wellbeing will be gathered and retained. This information will only be used for informing holistic therapies and associated recommendations concerning aspects of health and wellbeing.
Basic contact details and information are obtained via the Reflexology Space London website to allow contact to handle bookings.
Lawful Basis for holding and using Client Information
As a full member of the Association of Reflexologists, I abide by the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics. The lawful basis under which I hold and use your information is for my legitimate interest, to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice
My requirement to hold your information is for the following legal reasons:
- ‘claims occurring’ insurance
- law regarding children’s records
As I hold special category data (i.e. health related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is to fulfil my role as a health care practitioner bound under the AoR Confidentiality code, as defined in the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics.
Information held and what happens with it
In order to provide professional holistic therapies, Information about your health and wellbeing will be gathered and retained. This information will be used solely to inform your treatment plan and associated recommendations concerning aspects of health and wellbeing.
Information to be held includes:
- Your contact details
- Medical history and other health-related information (will be taken during the first consultation)
- Treatment details and related notes (will be completed following each consultation)
Information WILL NOT be shared with anyone (other than within my own practice, or as required for legal process) without explaining why it is necessary, and without obtaining your explicit consent.
How Long Is Information retained
All records are held for a minimum of 7 years following the last treatment, in accordance with insurance requirements.
Records for minors are required to be kept until the child is 25 or if they are 17 when treated then until the age of 26.
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU without your consent.
Protecting Your Personal Data
Reflexology Space London is committed to ensuring that personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures are in place, to safeguard and secure information collected.
Reflexology Space London will contact you using the contact preferences you use or provide (email, telephone or social media/messaging platforms) in relation to:
- Appointment times
- Reflexology information or information related to your health
- Special offers and promotions (you may unsubscribe from this at any time)
GDPR provides you with the following rights:
- The right to be informed:
To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
- The right of access:
To see your therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification:
To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”):
For you to request your therapist to erase any information they hold about you
- The right to restrict processing of personal data:.
You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information
- The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
- The right to object:
To be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact details given above.
- If you do not agree to the therapist holding records of information about you and treatments received, or if you do not allow information to be used in the way required to deliver the best treatment possible, the therapist may not be able to treat you
- Therapists are required to hold records of treatment for certain periods as outlined above, this may mean that if you request erasure, it may not be possible until after that period has passed
- Therapists can move records between computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.